Manufacturer of RF and Fiber Optic Equipment for the Broaband/Telcomm Industry
Main Line is the premier manufacturer of accessory items for the broadband market place: equalizers forward and reverse, compensators, attenuators, diplex and plug-ins for all major manufacturer’s. We manufacture legacy replacement RF modules and Fiber Optic modules with increased gain and bandwidth to support your existing networks and also can expand your network up to 1.2 GHz and beyond even in an HFC environment. Mainline developed, Engineered, Manufactured, and designed Broadband Amplifiers to 1.2 GHz for legacy upgrade and new deployment. The company built products domestically and grew to over 120 full-time employees.
- Reinvented the company’s products and focus four different times reinvigorating growth profitability & market share. Grew to be the world leader in the RF accessory niche products.
- Developed strategic alliances to manufacture for major OEM industry suppliers for accessories and Fiber Optic nodes for Philips, C-Cor, ADC in Torrance Factory/Facility and in our Mexico Factory/Facility
- Worked with Marketing, Sales and Key customers and developed “Standard Platforms” that were future forward
- Worked with Engineering and Manufacturing to develop products from inception through the manufacturing cycle and reduced new product introduction from 24 months to 6 months
- Developed Cellular, Lean and Six Sigma processes controls to lower the cost of manufacturing, to be competitive and less costly than offshore manufacturing
- Developed all factory layouts and lean manufacturing techniques to insure less than .01% scrap and rework.
- Developed a nationwide “Repair” business and developed strategic alliances to perform warranty and authorized non-warranty repairs
- Lowered inventory by 30 % with no increase in customer lead time
- Reduced factory scrap to under 1%, factory rework to under 1%, returns to under .4% and on-time customer delivery at 99.5%
- Developed a worldwide sourcing program that reduced material costs over 11%
- Developed market position of products and branding
- Developed marketing plan, sales plan, effective web presence, and trade shows increasing sale 16%
- Developed global presence through distribution in major international markets adding 12% in sales growth
- Developed in-house C/S, field sales people, Distributors and Field Engineers to support products
- Developed and performed presentations of company products and capabilities thereby closing many multi-million dollar accounts (over $100 m) with some of the largest companies in America and abroad
- Involved in all three patents company developed